Saturday, July 4, 2015

Tired-Looking Toes? Consider Yourself PediCURED

The arrival of the summer season brings with it the constant need to shave (if you feel the way about your own leg hair that I do), sticky legs and toes desperate to be let out of their boots, sneakers and flats.  With the sun blazing, break out your favorite sandals, but not without following a few steps. 

PREP
The first thing needed is a full cleanse and exfoliation to get rid of any dead skin, rough spots or anything else that may have gathered on your feet during the winter months.  You can book yourself an appointment and have a professional do this, or you can diy at home! (Perks: you can stay in your pajamas and binge on Orange is the New Black - there's no judging here.  We all do it.) 

If you plan on regularly giving yourself a pedicure, I recommend investing in a pedi tub, like one of these: 

But, if you really don't pedi-up that often, then just get yourself the essentials.  These can be found at any drugstore, or the motherland that is Target.  
  • Pumice Stone (great for getting rid of dead skin!)
  • Cuticle Cream (bonus if you can get a great smelling one!)
  • Foot Lotion
  • Heavy Socks (I highly suggest ones infused with shea or aloe)
  • Nail File 
COLOR IT UP 
Neons will NEVER go out of style!  Nothing screams "summer" more than corals, oranges, bright pinks and turquoises.  I love mint greens, hot pinks, bright purples and soft blues.  
I swear by Essie nail polish.  It is a bit more expensive than a drugstore favorite, such as Sally Hansen or any other brand, but it is most definitely worth it.  There's great sales going on all the time, especially at makeup-heaven (Ulta), so it's always a great deal to buy a bunch!  They release new colors almost every month, so keep yourself posted on their bright, great quality colors! 

WHICH SHOES? 
I do a lot of walking during the summer months, so I always look for a shoe that provides comfort, along with style.  I look at Target for a lot of sandals, because I'm not the kind of person who will drop $200 on a pair of shoes I'll wear for three months out of the year.  I suggest checking out stores like Target American Eagle and Hollister 

FINISHED LOOK
Freshly painted toenails and new shoes always make me feel confident and great, during the summer months!   Let me know if you decide to give yourself a home pedicure.  I would love to see what you come up with!  

Happy Styling!  

No comments:

Post a Comment