Thursday, July 2, 2015

Jumpsuits - The New LBD?

As an avid dress wearer, there's nothing I love more than finding a closet staple I know I can wear many times, dressed up or down.  However, as someone who is nearly always cold, some days I am just too chilly to pull out the sundresses I love, but one of my fatal flaws is snagging pairs of tights (I must have six or seven pairs with holes somewhere)!  When I saw various celebrities, including Naomi Watts, Shailene Woodley and our queen, Beyoncé, wearing both casual and dressy jumpsuits, I knew I had found my newest obsession.

 Perfection! Accessories are enough, but don't distract from the main attraction.  Love!

With all the versatility, comfort and easiness of spring and summer dresses, these pieces are suiting up to be one of the season's hottest trends.  They take the same amount of effort to slip on as your favorite skater dress, but allow the ability to sit without your legs together, while eliminating three of my least favorite things: unsticking thighs from chairs, worrying about suffering a fashion mishap, especially in the back, and holding skirts when a gust of wind comes.


Casual style dressed up with pumps, but kept down-to-earth with tousled, simple waves.  
 
Can she do anything wrong (the answer is no!)?  THIS is the way a printed jumpsuit should look!!


Let's break down a celebrity's look: 
I adore Kate Beckinsale's deep fuchsia one-shoulder jumpsuit she wore to the Film Independent Spirit Awards.  The British Actress pairs this look with eye-catching, but simplistic gold accessories - a slim, metallic clutch and chunky bangles complete the look, while peep-toe pumps in the same color palate elevate the outfit.  Shiny waves and minimal makeup top the whole thing off.

YOU TOO CAN JUMP INTO THIS LOOK! 

Some jumpsuits I love - at all different price points: 

American Eagle: Floral Jumpsuit (60 percent off!) and Printed Jumpsuit 


If you try a look at home similar to anything I've shown, please let me know!  I'd love to see what you come up with! 

Happy Styling! 




 



No comments:

Post a Comment